Calcium and magnesium in the water causing hardness to the water . Removal of total hardness is been taken place using “ Aquatherm” water softener which is charged with cation exchange resins in sodium form. The charged resins exchanges Na ions with Ca and Mg ions to soften the hard water.The softener need regeneration with NaCL salts after certain period based on the input hardness load. The softner’s are available in standard models as well as tailor made units.
- Softeners are attractive, compact, easy to operate
- Maintain, & use international quality materials of construction.
- Softeners are available in Mild Steel, MS Rubber Lined, FRP, operating in Manual / Auto mode.
- Single Lever Multiport Valve or Diaphragm Valves along with CPVC / MS piping flexibility
- Mild Steel / FRP pressure vessels provided with an inlet distribution, an outlet collecting system and a brine distributor. Mild Steel vessels is painted externally with a protective coat of red oxide and internally with anti-corrosive bituminous paint
- Set of control valves, with all piping to inlet and outlet terminals.
- Combined salt tank/brine measuring tank, provided with brine suction piping with adjustable indicating clamps, hydraulic ejector and control valves.
- Charge of softener cat ion exchange resin with supporting under bed.
- Hardness test kit for testing the softened water.
The Industrial water Softeners is a manually or Automatically operated ion exchange unit designed specially for industrial use. It is simple to operate, inexpensive to maintain and is widely used in the industry. The softener comprises Steel /FRP pressure vessels containing a bed of cation exchange resin, a regenerating system and control valves.
A strongly acidic cation exchange resin in sodium form is used to exchange sodium ions for the hardness –forming calcium and magnesium ions, and thus produce soft water . At the end of each service cycle, the ion exchange resin is regenerated with sodium chloride solution, after which the units is ready for the next service cycle.
For larger plants, a brine measuring tank is provided, and a separate salt saturator, preferably in concrete, is recommended for bulk storage of salt and preparation of brine. Standard equipments is available to soften water, upto a maximum flow rate of 100 m3/hr.
Advantages Softener Plant are:
- Easy to install and operate.
- Produces clear ,soft and non – scale forming water.
- Low operating costs.
- Incorporates high-capacity polystyrene bead type cation exchange resin which is remarkably stable and has a long life.
Limitations of Softener Plant are:
- Does not reduce TDS of the water
- Boiler feed water.
- Textile processing.
- Beverage production.
- Cooling water make-up.
- Hospitals, hotels, laundries & air-conditioning plants.
- RO pretreatment